Monday, October 25, 2004

Gas tax debacle

I've been meaning to post on the McGuinty government's gas tax announcement and what it means for Toronto. This past weekend saw a back-and-forth debate in the media between provincial and Toronto officials, with Toronto claiming that this deal is worse than no deal, and with the province saying that the city pols are ingrates and should be thanking them for "a promise kept, not a promise broken". I've been trying to sort my way through the rhetoric and have come to the conclusion that they're both right (or, if you're a pessimist, they're both wrong). I was going to try to explain it a little more, but I think Royson James explained it a little better today than I could have. Or, for other coverage within the blogosphere, see Andrew Spicer's take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home