Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy New Year...

...spent in the back of a U-Haul. From about 11 in the morning December 31, when we picked it up in Hamilton, to about 11 at night, when we returned it in the east end of Toronto. For the most part, it went off without a hitch (pun partially intended). I managed to drive the truck through the narrow streets of the Beach without hitting anything or anyone, and even accomplished the nifty trick of backing onto the sidewalk (intentionally) so we could unload.

The biggest problem was the amount of crap I seem to have accumulated. This being my first completely unfurnished apartment, I'm not used to having to bring much more furniture than my bed, dresser and desk. I brought my grandparents' old hi-fi (from the 70's, when a stereo system was designed to be a piece of furniture), and didn't realize how damn heavy it is. My arms and legs still feel it 24 hours later!

The best news, though: I was so pleased to be reminded how convenient shopping is in the Beach. Craving something to drink, Philippa and I simply walked across the street to the convenience store. Literally across the street. I'm going to like it here, I think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home